7.19.2011

Varane: "I can evolve further in Real Madrid"

Varane is training hard with Real Madrid at Los Angeles
Raphael Varane

Why did you choose Real Madrid instead of other clubs?Is the team where I can evolve more. In addition, the coach can make me grow as a player and a man.

What were your childhood idols and what do you know Real Madrid?
Real Madrid is a great club. I am proud to be on this team. A great club. I come from Lens, where I played 23 games at Ligue 1, and for me the strongest image when I was a boy, was the World Cup 98 in France. I think Blanc and Thuram were the first football memories that prompted me to be a footballer.

Do you feel integrated?
I talk to everyone on the team. Having a different language makes it more difficult, but I understand it all. I get along very well with Sahin and Karim.

At Real Madrid there is much competition ...
In all clubs there is competition. In a team like Madrid, one must know to train and work hard. I came to work long term. I do not care competition and I will work hard to play.

Who was the first contact to take him to Real Madrid?
The first contact was with the president of Lens, who told me that there was interest from Madrid. Then I talked to Jose Mourinho and Zidane about the project, which I found very interesting.

How about comparisons with Fernando Hierro?
I guess it is obvious to be compared to Hierro. I know his career. I hope to have a career as good as his.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...