10.17.2012

Marcelo: "I want to make a full recovery"

Marcelo is now in Madrid after suffering a fracture in his fifth metatarsal of his right foot last Sunday while training with the Brazilian national squad in the vicinity of Wroclaw, Poland. The left-back is now feeling more motivated to overcome this difficult situation thanks to the numerous messages of support he has received from Madrid fans all over the world, to which he wants to reply with words of thanks via Real Madrid media: “I am so happy to get all these messages supporting me from the fans. I had no idea so many people cared so much about me and I am really grateful to everyone. I want to make a full recovery so that I can bring more joy to the fans ".

Marcelo injured attending the Real Madrid media
Marcelo

“I am going to do everything properly to return to play with the team”. Marcelo’s statement encapsulates the determination with which he is facing this most challenging moment of his career. He remains philosophical without losing his sense of humour: “This is not enough to get anyone down, least of all me. I am always a cheerful person. It’s happened, I can’t change it but now I have to work hard to get back to playing”.

The massive response of the Real Madrid fans to his injury is a source of pride and brings him even more strength: “I’ve seen the messages of support and I am very pleased. I had no idea so many people cared so much about me and I am really grateful to everyone. I want to make a full recovery so that I can bring more joy to the fans. Yesterday I was a little glum, but when I got home and saw my wife and child I felt a lot better. These things happen and you have to keep your chin up and keep going”.

This is a new experience for the Brazilian in his footballing life and he wants to move on as soon as possible: “I hope this will be the first and the last time it happens. I would not wish this on anyone. These things can happen during training or in a match and now what I have to do is do things properly so that I can get back on the team as soon as possible, If I keep my head up and don’t lose heart, my team mates and my family will help to me to get through this”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...