1.26.2013

Varane: "We are united as a team"

Raphael Varane appeared before the media at the press conference of the Real Madrid Sports City. The French international defender praised Mourinho who turns 50 today: "We are all behind the gaffer and he is the best manager in the world. The press is treating him harshly, but he is doing a good job and it's totally unnecessary. We have got him a photo of the win from last year against Athletic, when we were crowned league champions, signed by us all”. The Madrid defender also analysed Getafe, who are the next opponents for his team: “We are all pulling in the same direction and we don't want to drop any more points. We always want to win. It is a league game in which we want to improve all aspects of our game".

Varane press conference after Real Madrid training
Raphael Varane

Varane was asked about the last few games of his team, which he has started and in which the Whites have hardly conceded a goal and have gone undefeated. "We are pleased. The team deserves a lot of credit and we are working hard for the team. The important thing is that we are united as a team".

With respect to his personal situation in the team, he said: “I am learning from all the players. I am proud to be at the best club in the world and train and play with them every day. I am very happy to be here. I think that I now have to focus on the game against Getafe and I don't set myself any objectives. I am trying to improve and give the best of myself".

When asked about the unity in the dressing room, the Madrid defender gave a very clear answer: "When things get complicated, we have to show solidarity, rally round and try to improve the results. We are all pulling in the same direction and I am certain that this will impact positively on the team".

The French international also spoke about his team mate Diego Lopez and Cristiano Ronaldo. About the former he stated: "I don't know him very well. The important thing is that he contributes to the team". About the Portuguese, he said: “We know how important he is for the team. We have not argued on this point. He is a vital player that would lead to a great change".

Regarding the injury of Iker Casillas, who has now been discharged from hospital, he said: "That is a change! We want to do as much as possible and we are all going to give it our all for this team. Losing Iker will be a blow but I don't think it will change a lot"

Finally, about the possibility of him starting in the first leg of the semi-finals in the cup against Barcelona, he was clear: “I don't know if I will play, but I am ready to play against Barcelona. It is always a special game, we are currently focused on the match against Getafe and our minds are not on Wednesday's game".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...